You may have noticed that you received an e-mail in your school email regarding Rave Mobile Safety recently. We are proud to announce the addition of Rave Alerts as one of the new services offered to our staff and students! In a collaborative effort between Public Safety, Student Services and eServices, a new system for emergency text messaging and email is now ready for everyone in the fall semester. This system was mentioned a few months ago in this previous blog post.
With this service you will be receiving immediate emergency alerts and school closing notifications (like snow days). We are also currently working on a way of using this service for class cancellations.
Students are automatically enrolled in email emergency notifications. Rave has a text messaging component too. To be kind to those that may not have an unlimited texting plan or not prefer text-messaging, students and staff will have to choose to opt into emergency text messaging alerts. The instructions on how to do this are included in a Rave welcome email that you should have received in your Sparkymail. Below are these instructions on how to opt in, but you will still need the username and password within that email to log in:
- Go to “http://rave.kirtland.edu“.
- Log in with your Student ID# for your username and myKirtland password as your password.
- Read through the terms and conditions, check the box to accept them and then click “Submit”
- In the pink box at the top of the screen click the “Register Phone” button.
- Enter the 10-digit number and hit “Continue”
- Select your carrier from the drop-down box and hit “Continue”.
- Rave will send you a text message. In the confirmation code box enter the confirmation number provided in the text message you received and click “Continue”.
- You should see a confirmation message. You should also receive a confirmation text message that you are now enrolled with Rave. Click the “Done” button to complete this process.
If you are experiencing difficulties with opting in or have any other trouble with Rave, please feel free to contact me at extension 458 or email me at email@example.com. We aim to make this process as seamless as possible.